Wednesday 19 October 2011

Mom! You're face is on the Snowflake building!

First of all I would like to apologize for not blogging for the last week! If I was Brian Adams I would have sang "Please forgive me" right now. My camera and handbag got stolen out of my apartment, so I am a bit lost at the moment because I have no identification and no camera to take pictures to put on me blog.  But before I start feeling all sorry for myself again, here is today's entry which is all about my dearest mother!

My mom had breastcancer but she is all clear now which in cancerlanguage means she is a 'cancer survivor'. So, Wilmed Park Oncology decided for this year's Aardklop that they were going to ask some wellknown artists to pick their 'survivor' and tell their story through art. Three artist chose my mom(cool hey?!) and throughout the whole week their masterpieces were exhibited at the Snowflake building under the "Life's a journey" exhibition. Every piece was so beautifully put together and I was so proud of every person there for putting up a fight against cancer and winning the battle. I cried happy tears.

My mom's face on the Snowflake building.

Rika Senekal's work of art

Look how pretty!





My mom - such a nice lady!
 
Annette Danhauser's work of art.

Lira van Staden - this one looks exactly like my mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment