Monday 23 April 2012

Dear Angola, you say "Murca", I say "Mirka".

I am scared of flying. I start hyperventilating a week before and even now thinking about flying even though I am not flying anywhere, it makes me want to throw up.

But going to the places I want to go to includes flying. And Angola was one of these places. See, my ideal travelling experience would be to knock me out before going to the airport and then to wake me up with a cocktail in my hand on a beach at the destination. A girl can dream right?!

My dad works in Angola and Simone and I decided to go and visit him end of last year. Man oh man! It was good!

This is what Angola taught me:
- Women too can carry a stove on their head.
- Party on a Sunday and skip work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- African-time should be Angolan-time or scrap that: "What is time?"
- Never ask for "cafè" - you won't sleep for days.
- The local alcohol have names like: "Superbok", "Gatho", "Murca", "Cuka". You will turn into one of those after consuming a certain amount of units.
-  Helmets are a fashion accessory not a life-saver.
- And take "You are the most beautiful bat I have ever seen in my life!", as a compliment.
































That is true, you just eat with chicken!



















Adeus!















No comments:

Post a Comment