Wednesday 30 May 2012

I am tank!

For those of you whom did not know, my parents named me after a tank. To be precise - a main battle tank used by the Israel Defense Forces.

In 2005 during my travels to England I found out that there was a tank museum and so I made it my mission to go and see the "Merkava".(This is the correct spelling by the way.) I couldn't buy the tank so I bought a keychain.

I also watched program on Discovery about the 10 best tanks ever designed and guess who is number 1? Yes, that is right! The Merkava!!!

Here are a few cool facts about this magnificant beast:
- Four main versions of the tanks were developed.
- It has a 60mm mortar that can be loaded and fired internally.
- It has a 1500 horsepower turbocharged diesel engine with a topspeed of 64km/h.
- The fire-control system enables the Mirkava to shoot down helicopters and find and destroy armored attack helicopters.
- Some Merkava tanks have been fitted with full medical and ambulance capabilities.




Over and out!


No comments:

Post a Comment